Tuesday, January 10

NEW YORK CITY {PART 2}


ANIA'LYSIS: HOLIDAYS IN NEW YORK
INSPIRATION: NEW YORK

 This 2nd part of blog post about New york is about happening on 31st December and 1st January.. 

New Year's Eve party at Tonic bar on Time Square ... it was actually organized party for all handball players of New York's handball turnir and their wives (better said and for their partners, since we are not all married :p). I was (honestly) pretty relieved that this party was organized because Igor wanted to spend New year's eve on the Time square, looking drop ball and all other happening... and if you don't know - that isn't that easy at all - to be "close" (to be close it's impossible - well, it's possible if you go 16 hours before midnight on Time Square to wait and get your place where you can stand while other million folks is pushing you, scream, spill on you..). So If you want to spend Silvester party on TS, you have to wait in (some special) "place holders" on the street, where police every hour open those holders and you can move a little bit further.  So you can wait for an hours that you even come a little bit closer + keep in mind: if you go out of this holders (on restroom, or to eat&drink something) you can't come back! + it's very cold to wait on the same place + ppl will push you all the time :)
Did I scare you enough? Hehehe ;) But I guess it is worth to wait if you really want to be there..
So, as I said - I had luck that this party was organized, there are two reasons why:
1.  I didn't have to do all the crazy things mention above (phuhh.. I already hate waiting in line, I can't even imagine myself to wait between some holders where I can't go even on restroom, mmm ... no, no go!)
2. Because this bar was on Time Square, we get special accreditation with which we easily walk through streets to the Tonic bar and at midnight we get out of bar and watch drop ball... so we both were satisfied.
Tip: Some of the bars on TS have special offer for New year's eve: you have all drinks for free until midnight, BUT (because ppl go out to watch ball drop) when you return in bar after midnight you have to pay entrance and (of course) drinks... 

Top of the rock... if you are a big fan of New York and you have somewhere on your computer photo of this city, I bet it is a photo of NY from above (it is, ha? :) And If you really wanted to see this big apple, you wanted to see it from some high point to have a view on all this great streets, skyscrapers, land,... well, at least I (we) wanted that... so we decide to go at Rockefeller center. Rockefeller had 3 good things:
1. Xmas tree and Skating Ring(where you have to wait really long to get chance to ice skate a little bit) which are quit popular, seen in the movies, advertisements,...
2. At the Rockefeller center are lots of good shops and restaurants, so here you can also enjoy in good shopping (we didn't, we have agreement that we came to NY to see something, and not to spend everything...)
3. Top of the rock - observation deck at the very top of this center. The view is great (if you are not afraid of hight). I just loved it! We get actually pretty good tip about Top of the rock, that the best time to visit it is when the sun is going down and it is true! Try it ;)
Tip: If you are (like me) a big fan of photography and you know that for nice, night photo you need tripod - keep in mind that tripod is here (and on some other places in US) forbidden (because of the safety reasons/obsession with terrorism). They only allow monopode.

Apple store... If I am going to merry Igor, I am marring Apple ;) He is a huge fan of Apple and in our home you can find all what is possible to buy from this "fruit" so I guess it was obvious that we will visit Apple store. BUT there were so many people waiting to enter the store that Igor get satisfied just with seeing the store from outside (anyway, it didn't have any point to go inside, he already have everything).
Tip: Even if you aren't a big fan of Apple but you would like to buy something, it is worth to go there since their gadgets are there far more cheaper than in Europe + near is Central park.

Central park... is just something what you have to visit while you are in New York city. We were there in the evening time and I capture some good photos of Skating rink inside of it. You know, that Skating rink that you always see in movies... I don't know why, but it is sooooo cool the visit places that were part of some movie scene, you almost get a feeling that you are in one of them (movies I mean ;)
Tip: do something that we didn't have time to do it: buy (unbelievable) good candied peanutes (I ate them all the time - why I can't find them in Germany??!!) seat on the grass in park and just enjoy nature in the middle of New York.. don't forget nice, warm blanket!
I add also some just "going by" photos...
Hope you enjoyed my post and my photos, I don't know how interesting is all that to me, but I am really happy to make all this notes and post all this photos so I can always come here and refresh my memories on this awsome city ;)

Us at Tonic Bar

 Me and Goran Sprem with NY police.. I have to had one photo with them :) Crazy I know

Tonic Bar

Tonic Bar

Tonic Bar

Tonic Bar

Tonic Bar

Tonic Bar

Tonic Bar

From the left side are ppl with accreditations and on the right the ones without

New Year's Eve on Time Square



My New Friend


View from The Top of the Rock

View from The Top of the Rock 

Me at the Top of the Rock looking awful I know

He and his camera on the Top of the Rock

View from The Top of the Rock

View from The Top of the Rock

View from The Top of the Rock

View from The Top of the Rock

View from The Top of the Rock

View from The Top of the Rock

View from The Top of the Rock

View from The Top of the Rock

View from The Top of the Rock

Us at the Top of the Rock


View from The Top of the Rock

View from The Top of the Rock

View from The Top of the Rock

At Rockefeller center

Famous Xmas tree at Rockefeller center

I love this sarcastic, hilarious sayings



Njammmi

It's pretty cool to see horse drawn coach in the middle of Manhattan




















Apple store - under this glass is a store

Fast food restaurant


Apple store





Central Park
Central Park

Central Park

Central Park

Central Park







Love, Ania

4 comments:

  1. nice pics..... maybe I'll go next year to N.Y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this comment was mine, Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  3. waau,ful dobre fotke! se jih sploh ne morem nagledat,uh :D tiste z lučkami od Rockefeller centra so mi pa najlepše,spominjajo na božič :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. svetoune slike:) jst grm aprila u london, sam bojo victoria secret trgovino odprl tm šele polet:( no ja bo treba jt septembra še enkrt:)

    ReplyDelete